The action plan competition is open to graduates and undergraduates, yet applicants must not be born prior to the year of 1978. All participants should be enrolled in an accredited college or university prior to January 1st, 2012 with proof of academic enrollment, either in the form of a transcript (with the participant's name and official stamp of his/her school) or a formal Certificate of Academic Enrollment. Any application made without proof of academic enrollment will be automatically disqualified. Around 100 participants will be admitted to the conference.
Standing on the basis of Taiwan, GIS Taiwan seeks to gather present and potential future leaders of the world to share their forward looking, concrete and innovative ideas and awareness on both regional and global scale. Further, through discussing feasible and effective approaches to the challenges and trends the global community faces, we wish to see actions being taken in a sure-footed manner.
- To provide a Taiwan-based platform for global interaction.
- To share views and responses from all parts of the world to major global challenges today.
- To integrate theories and practice of various academic disciplines, thereby making a difference through political, technological and commercial channels.
- To form a global network between students and leaders of the world, in the prospect of this borderless network would serve as a think tank.
- To become the bridge through which students are connected to governments, enterprises and the third sector.
- To enhance regional awareness of participants, thus stimulates the development of potential regional actions.
We hope that GIS Taiwan would initiate ideas and expand the attendees’ horizons in this ever-changing global community. Through our symposium, we hope that we can make our Earth, the planet on which all things lives, a better place.